I'm so happy today! I was nominated for my first blog award by Paper Thin Nails. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming blogs with under 200 followers.
A shiny award for me to put up in my trophy case! I'm all glossy eyed.
Here's how it works:
- The recipient must post 11 fun fact about themselves
- The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
- The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
- These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
- They will in turn pass the award to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver.
11 Fun Facts About Me:
- I have a baby tooth that has never fallen out
- I was in the Fall Out Boy music video for Dance Dance
- I have a 'list of things to do before I die' that I keep in my wallet. I try and do at least one thing on the list each year
- My first ever polish swatch was taken last year in November before I knew what nail art was. It was Essies Wrapped in Rubies and I've been hooked on nails ever since
- I take pole dancing lessons.....for the physical benefit of course
- I'm the oldest of five siblings. My youngest sister and I look almost identical even though we're 10 years apart
- I have a pet guinea pig named Guinea Saurus Rex and a double tail betta fish named Monarch
- If I had to choose, I'd rather go deaf than blind
- I've been married and divorced, all before the age of 23
- I'm an elementary art teacher! Well, soon to be as soon as the economy picks up and there are more jobs available! For now I'm just a lowly substitute
- I've only been to the hospital once for 30 stitches when my brother slammed a door in my face and my arms went through the glass. I didn't think it hurt at all
11 Questions for me:
- When and why did you decide to start blogging? I started blogging as a way to show my nail art to a larger audience than just Instagram. I know not everyone has access to IG. My blog started in May just 4 short months ago.
- Who is your favorite nail blogger? My favorite nail blogger is Temptalia. She has every polish you could imagine with reviews on each one. I'm more into posting nail art but I always go to her for reviews on colors I'm thinking about getting.
- What is your favorite polish brand? My favorite polish brand was always Essie. It was my first love! However, I've gotten my hands on a lot of Butter London lately! I'm loving their unique, beautiful colors. It's a toss up!
- What manicure are you currently wearing? Natural nails! I'll be doing a chevron later today for a contest.
- If you were to lose all of your polishes but five, which five would you want? OPI Black Spotted, Lynnderella Nosegay, Essie Shine of the Times, Butter London Trustafarian and Barielle Falling Star.
- What other hobbies do you have? I enjoy singing and playing the flute. I love to draw and photograph. Writing is another hobby I have! I want to write and have a book published one day.
- What do your friends/family think of your hobby? My family loves my nail hobby! They always ask whats on them and ask about what contests I'm currently entered in. Whenever a package comes in for me they always bring it in and tell me I have nail mail haha.
- How many bottles of polish do you own? I've only been into nails for just under a year. I've got around 200 bottles but really I'm not totally sure.
- What is your dream polish? My dream polish would be a holo with light blue color. I'm thinking Butter Londons Fishwife but more vivid blue.
- What color polish do you own the most of? I own the most blue! It's my favorite color besides silvers but I'm not super into metallic polishes.
- What nail trend do you hate? The fake flared nail trend! I've seen it a lot lately where acrylics are applied that get wider as they go towards the tip. It's so unnatural and fake looking I don't know why anyone would get them!
11 Questions for my chosen blogs:
- What is your all time, hands down, favorite nail polish?
- What is your earliest nail polish memory?
- If you could sit down and do anyones nails in the world, who would it be?
- How long have you been into nails/nail art?
- If zombie apocalypse began right now, would you take any nail supplies? Which?
- Have you ever used nail polish for a non-paint-your-nails activity?
- Which bottle of polish is most sentimental to you and why?
- How do you store all of your nail polish?
- Who is the person you end up doing your nails around the most?
- What brand do you own the most of?
- What is your favorite non polish but, nail related product?
Here are the 11 bloggers I've chosen: